Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quiche Recipe

I told myself that if I ever got a blog going, I was going to post recipes. I am always looking for something new and hopefully this can help others too.
My ward's Relief Society has a cooking demonstration group that made a variety of quiche a few weeks ago. I made this recipe again on Sunday and it is oh so good. Definately not low fat though. I should have taken a picture.

Spinach-Bacon Quiche
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 C heavy cream
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2 C chopped fresh spinach, packed
  • 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 1/2 C swiss cheese, shredded
  • 1 9-inch pie crust

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a blender or whip up by hand. Layer spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of pie crust, then pour egg mixture over the top of the layers. Place filled crust on a cookie sheet just in case it bakes over a bit. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Serves 8. You may bake the crust a little bit before you fill it. It just depends on the crust you use.

4 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Wait just a second! Why didn't I know about this little blog Mrs Dana? Well, I'm happy I found it fairly soon, this may have gone on for years before I knew anything about it! Sheesh!
About the recipe, we have a very similar one that is our absolute favorite, but just to up the healthy factor ours uses 8 oz. of sour cream as well, and ham. So good...it's mine and Joe's conference brunch tradition!

chchoo said...

Sounds good. Could you mail a quiche out to me?

Miss ~E said...

DANA!!! OH. MY. GOSH. How funny that you and Charith are friends and that is how you found me! How are you? Let'em Eat subs seems like forever ago! You have such a cute family! Where do you live? This is just crazy, I can't believe it! ~E

Az Kelms said...

Mmmm...sounds tasty. I can't wait to try it out with the family. Cute blog! Every time I see a picture of Mallory I can't get over how much she looks like you!