The Ultimate Adventure-I know it's out there somewhere!
Jared's summer went a little something like this:School gets out. Pack for Canyonlands. Spend five days biking and camping on the White Rim trail in Canyonlands National Park with the scouts. Come home on Saturday. Pack. Leave for Woodbadge (scout leadership training)for five days on Monday at 6am. Awesome. Fix broken trailer hitch on jeep for five days. (the trailer in canyonlands was a bit too loaded) Celebrate Birthday. Play for a day in the San Rafael Swell. Babysit kids for three days while wife is at yearbook camp. Pack. Go to Youth Conference for two days. Do repairs and maintenance at the family cabin for five days in preparation for the family reunion. Three days of family. Pack. Four days of Uinta Boy Scout Merit Badge camp. Five days off for unpacking. Then pack some more. Leave at 5 am on Monday for a six-day Westward Expansion trip for elementary school teachers sponsored by Larry H. Miller. Thank you Mr. Miller! Finish at 4:30 in Salt Lake. Drive to Logan to attend high school reunion with wife. Pack. Go Backpacking to white Pine Lake for three days with family. Come home. Don't feel like unpacking anymore. What? School starts on Monday?!! Better get to work.


Green River
Guernsey Wagon Ruts For more info visit: http://mormontrailmiller.blogspot.com




2 comments:
How awesome is that? I would love to have his summer! But Dana the laundry - in spurts, ugh! Did it feel like you were a widow? I hope you and the kids had some fun too. I always wanted to do a handcart trip.
Jared, you had a busy summer! Glad that you took some time off so that I could see you guys at the reunion!
Post a Comment